Welcome to the Learning Resource Center page of the Al-Farabi Private Colleges. We request you to explore and make full use of the library services.
The library is the heart of every educational institute which breathes knowledge and information into the minds of the students.
The Al-Farabi Colleges Libraries have a well-equipped with an elaborate collection of books, journals, project reports, audio-video materials and other resources to serve their users. This is in line to fulfill both the vision and mission of Al-Farabi Colleges.
Al-Farabi Colleges’ Libraries are fully automated with using RFID and barcode technologies to issue and return books with the help of ‘OpenBiblio’ an open source, automated library system. The libraries aim to provide reliable and comprehensive information on right time to right users in right manners.
There are following tools to discover and disseminate library materials:
- OPAC-Library Catalogue:It will help you to find your desired resources from all libraries’ collections.
- E-Resources:Here, you will find all subscribed resources of Al-Farabi Colleges and list of open access resources in Medical Sciences.
- Institutional repository:Here, you can search the intellectual work of Al-Farabi faculty members, including theses and project reports of students.
We would appreciate your suggestions and comments for improving our services.
Vision , Mission & Objectives
Al-Farabi Colleges’ vision is “to establish a creative and attractive research and learning environment in order to build a knowledge-based society”.
Al-Farabi Colleges Library’s vision “to support Colleges’ main vision as well as to develop knowledge, sharpen critical thinking and skills of information retrieval”.
The mission of the Al-Farabi Colleges’ Library is "to also support mission of the College mainly through the provision of resources and learning environment and research encourages.
- To provide a rich collection of books, periodicals, (both print & electronic) which meet the needs of students and faculty in order to support medical courses offered.
- To encourage information literacy skills and assist the Al-Farabi community in making effective use of information.
- To offer a support to our users in order to make maximum use of the library services through various channels.
- To establish a proper infrastructure for providing adequate service in this information and communication technology era.
Al-Farabi Colleges’ Library providing expert level services though by highly qualified and experienced LIS professionals.
- Interlibrary Loan: Our users can borrow books or receive photocopies of documents that are owned by our other libraries.
- Instant Message and Email: Users can send their queries and request on firstname.lastname@example.org or on our WhatsApp.
- SDI (Selective Dissemination of Information): Library offers SDI, new resources on medical science for keeping our users updated through email, RSS feeds,and instant messaging.
- Request for Full Article and Book: Library is also providing full text of manuscripts and text books to our users on demand though emails, which are available with us.
- Computer labs, Wi-Fi and assistance in device connectivity with technical support.
- Display of new arrivals as well as list of arrivals sending through e-mail
- Scanning and photocopying facilities.
- Orientation program for new users.